The GCIR has the mandate to build partnerships with Educational Institutions, Development Agencies, Governments, the Corporate and Donor Community, and GhanaCU Alumni. We act as the campus’ corporate interface with the external community.
Our goal is to identify and develop funding and income generation opportunities to support the capital and programme development of GhanaCU.
GCIR MISSION STATEMENT
To stimulate and facilitategeneration of earned income through active application of the University physical and intellectual assets in order to fuel its strategic development while upholding excellent learning and research.
GCIR experts offer specialised technical knowledge, skills and expertise to “real business world” problems, in the ECOWAS region, the wider developing and developedworld in the following:
- Promote entrepreneurshipand technology transfer services to businesses, incubators to students, i.e. Innovations spin offs from research and engineering graduates in new areas
- Protect and, where appropriate, comercialise the research carried out by University community
- Business consultancy services such as preparation of business plans & proposals, tax education including financial statement and debt management, product & value chain management
- Building mutually beneficial strategic partnership with regional and international agencies, donors, private sector companies, institutions and universities
- Stimulate corporate and alumni contribution to GhanaCU, development endowment fund including gifts for capital projects, research, lecture series, graduate fellowships and assistantships.
- Assist in the creation of specialised continuing professional development and training programmes with our specific institutional needs in mind.
Protection of intellectual property which covers copyrightable materials and inventions
Offer assistance in developing clients and GhanaCU commercial or research projects covering concept, assessment of revenue opportunities, structuring the project and marketing.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: SOLICITING PARTNERSHIPS AND CONSULTING SERVICES FROM PUBLIC INSITUTIONS SUCH AS UNIVERSITIES, REGIONAL, CENTRAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMETS, PRIVATE SECTOR AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCIES.
1. International Partnerships
We are one of the internanationally recognised university in facilitating research collaborations that trigger transformational economic and social change. This many at times contribute research collaboration, tourism, staff mobility and student exchange. We host high level researchers, ministers of the gospel and university delegations
- Community Partnerships
We trigger national policy dialogues that bring together academics, professionals and policy makers across disciplines to address tomorrow’s world. We are therefore soliciting expression of interest from governments, universities, development partners, private sectors and individuals to partner with us.
- Industry Partnerships
Our industry partnerships in which our team members worked and partnered with include GIZ, Global Communities/USAID, Goldfield Communities, World Bank/Howard University School of Medicine , World Bank Distance Learning Network, Negro Women Groups, Africa Future Forums USA / Ghana ,Ghana Water Company, Energy Commission, Urban and Feeder in Ghana among others
- Consulting Services
Project conceptualization, Basic and master planning, Investigation of alternative solutions, Project execution management and quality assurance in Implementation and integration, Monitoring and evaluation in the following thematic areas:
- Performance Gaps and Capacity Assessment in Hydro Carbon Industry ( OIL and Gas), Agribusiness including Value Chain Management, Precision Farming, Livelihood Empowerment, Water and Sanitation
- Application of GIS / Drone in Hydro Carbon Industry including Data Index Maps, Block ranking in decision Making, Land Management, Well Planning, Environmental Monitoring, Vessel Tracking among others.
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Application for Energy
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Application For Wash Programmes
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Web-Based And Mapping
- Geographical Information Systems Application For Disaster Risk Management
- Geographical Information Systems Application For Conservancy And Wildlife Management
- Geographical Information Systems Application For Health Sector Programmes
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Application For Economics And Business
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Application For Sustainable Forest Monitoring And Management
- Geographical Information Systems Application For Agricultural Resource Management
- Geographical Information Systems Application for Agriculture And Food Security
- Fundamentals of GIS
- GIS Data Formats, Design and Quality
- Geospatial Analysis
- Imagery, Automation, and Applications.